Dr. Chellam’s mission is “to prove that diminished health and vitality can be reclaimed by just about any proactive person at any age.”
Something fun, crunchy and very healthy!
Additional research and information on nuts and seeds
TREE NUTS OR PEANUTS FOR BREAST CANCER PREVENTION?
Eating fiber-containing foods—especially nuts—during adolescence may significantly lower the risk of developing potentially precancerous fibrocystic breast disease (fibroadenomas).
FLAX SEEDS & BREAST CANCER PREVENTION
Young women at high risk for breast cancer given just a teaspoon of ground flaxseeds a day showed fewer precancerous changes.
Dr. Esselstyn has the strictest guidelines based on his work reversing cardiovascular disease, he writes:
As nuts are a rich source of saturated fats, my preference is no nuts for heart disease patients. That also eliminates peanuts and peanut butter even though peanuts are officially a legume. For those with established heart disease to add more saturated fat that is in nuts is inappropriate. For people with no heart disease who want to eat nuts and avocado and are able to achieve a cholesterol of 150 and LDL of 80 or under without cholesterol lowering drugs, some nuts and avocado are acceptable. Chestnuts are the one nut, very low in fat, it is ok to eat.
As nuts are a rich source of saturated fats, my preference is no nuts for heart disease patients.
Dr. T Colin Campbell
Nuts are one of the most nutrient dense of all plant-based foods.
Read more by Dr. Campbell
Dr. Fuhrman writes:
Contrary to the popular belief that nuts and seeds are too fattening for
those who want to lose weight, research suggests that nuts and seeds are actually beneficial for weight loss.
Dr. Nisha Chellam MD, ABIHM, D.PSC is a Board certified Internist who is also board certified in Integrative and Holistic medicine. She is now practicing under the principles of functional medicine. The mission of her practice is to prove that diminished health and vitality can be reclaimed by just about any proactive person at any age. Dr. Chellam practices functional medicine in Novi, MI at her “Holistic ICON” practice, where she incorporates Nutrition, Fitness, hormone balance, and permanent weight control.
• Any other in depth information about yourself and your clinical work?
• We work on mind –set, most people try different tools and fail, we need to follow a system to wellness(just like we have to for wealth), and make it successful. Our goal is referral clients not repeat customers.
Dr Chellam’s Favorite Tips (recipes, restaurants, menu items)
• The host’s favorite recipes (optional)
• Love easy and simple stuff.
• Throw in a bunch of green and mushrooms with onion and garlic (optional), then with the herbs you like (my favorite is mint) blend with cashew or coconut or pine nuts or even tahini and some spices (love cayenne or black pepper and some cumin or coriander with curry powder, pour over the greens and mushrooms and cook in a rice cooker or instant pot with as much liquid( water mostly) and you have a robust soup in 15 min.
• Most favorite restaurant:
• Inn seasons in Royal Oak MI and Raw in Chicago( the best raw vegan tiramisu)
• You can have junk vegan or healthy vegan, in a homely space at Inn seasons.
• The host’s favorite tips regarding creating new habits and lifestyle change
• Start by drinking a lot of water so you pee once an hour. 80% of our body is water, you impact 80% of the functions when you make this shift.
Learn more from Dr Chellam…
• Invitation to join the host’s email list, blog, newsletter, etc., and gifts if applicable
• Sign up for our newsletter: http://holisticicon.com/newsletter/
• Links to the host’s professional website: www.holisticicon.com
• Links to the host’s relevant upcoming events : https://www.facebook.com/NishaChellamMD/